So I’ve been watching way more anime than I used to. I blame Scott. Anyway, time to review the most recent crap I watched.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Tasogare Otome × Amunejia)
This anime is something of a super natural romance between the MC Teiichii and Yukko, the school’s ghost. He can see and touch her, and she can touch him. The anime follows their amusing relationship as they solve mysteries and try to figure out how Yukko died, because as the title implies, she has amnesia. It’s 12 episodes long, some are light hearted, some are dark and some are a combination of both. Over all I enjoyed it and loved the ending and now…
Why You Shouldn’t Like This
- The harem bullshit. One of the other girls is stupid, annoying, and contributes absolutely nothing. She’s the type who’d die first in a horror movie, but does not. The other girl is pretty good, but she looses points for being jealous and self conscious. For once can’t we have a strong female character without stereotypical girly weaknesses??
- The fan service I guess this goes with the harem bullshit. Still, I’ve always felt this takes away from good romances.
- The fact that their relationship is based on nothing (like most anime romances). Well I guess you could say it’s based on sex because of them being able to touch each other and what not, that’s a step up from nothing. But even so, they’re cute together and the show’s amusing enough.
One final word I’d like to slip in is that Yukko is slightly taller than Teiichi, in fact Scott and I could pull off their height difference perfectly if I wore small heels. If they didn’t look so normal we’d cosplay them. Being slightly taller than my boyfriend has taught me to appreciate any fictional couple where the girl is slightly taller. We really need more of them.
Black Butler II (Kuroshitsuji II)
I first gave this a try when my power was out. I had it all saved onto my laptop and with no internet, I finally got around to watching some of it.
Basically it throws the ending of Black Butler season 1 out the window and comes up with more crap. It’s just amusing and gay as ever, only now we have more douchebags than just Ciel, we also have blondie and his Butler. Again, I went with the dub, because J. Michael Tatum is amazing. Also the sub Grell sounds like a gay Lelouch/Kraft Lawrence… I think I’ll have to do a sub vs. dub post sometime in the future.
I can’t say much more about this season without spoiling you, but there’s a lot of NTR going on with who gets to eat who’s soul. I liked this season almost better than I liked the first one except for one thing….
Why You Shouldn’t Like This
- THE ENDING WAS HORRIBLE. If it was a visual novel, this end would be the BAD one. I did not want this ending at all. I did not contrive of this ending. I hate whoever came up with this ending.
- It’s a clit tease. They imply so much gayness but we don’t even get so much as a kiss. I suppose that’s what doujinshis are for.
I just wish I could find filthier SebastianXGrell ones.
My final recommendation would be to watch it (only if you’ve seen the first season of course), but skip the last episode. It’s just heart breaking. It’s not sad but… I was extremely unhappy. I’m just going to pretend it never happened.